Sunday, March 9, 2008

What's been happening this week?

I know it has been a week since I last posted. It has been a busy week. On Tuesday night Charis and I farewelled Alan (my husband) as he went on a six-month long deployment with th RAAF. He knows that I don't do well while he is away so he has rung me every night since he left - what a sweetie!

I haven't had much time for stamping until yesterday when I attended Nerine's Techniques Class. One of the techniques she taught us was "Faux Silk". This is a super-easy, very pretty effect. I had a play today (having borrowed Nerine's SU Artfully Asian stamp set for that purpose) and this is what I came up with.


The base of the card is Sage Shadow (my favourite green). I stamped the Cherry Blossom from the Artfully Asian set on to tissue paper, crumpled it up and then glued it onto a pice of Pretty in Pink cardstock. I then stamped the Cherry Blossom again onto watercolour paper and coloured with SU markers - Pretty in Pink and Sage Shadow. The ribbon is from SU's Flirty Ribbon Originals.

It is a very simple card but I really like it. Do you? Let me know.

No comments: