Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter stamping

What a great day I had yesterday - stamping all day! I just love public holidays!













These first two cards use the butterfly from the SU Hostess Set Reason to Smile. I really love this butterfly. The one on the left is embosssed with silver and then I added chalk over it to give a subtle colour (which hasn't come out in the photo). The base cardstock is Perfect Plum stamped with the Paisley background. I added a piece of Faux Linen in Perfect Plum on the bottom and the silver organdy ribbon. The image is matted on Pale Plum and Rose Red.
For the card on the right I coloured the stamp with markers in Bordering Blue, Regal Rose, Rose Red and So Saffron. The card base is Bordering Blue. The Regal Rose layer was a scrap from a card posted earlier so it already had the "reverse scallop" cut on it. I then sponged the edges with Regal Rose ink and stamped the flower border which was coloured as per the butterfly using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to turn the corners. The ribbon is burgundy grosgrain.
The stamp set used in these two cards was SU Winged Things. I stamped the images in Basic Black on Watercolour paper and coloured them using the Aquapainter and Watercolour Crayons. The colours are Cameo Coral, Barely Banana and Certainly Celery. I even got to use my new Crop-a-dile to set the eyelets - how easy is it?!

I have a lot more cards to show you and will be stamping more today with my friend Tammy but I had better stop here for now has Charis wants some help to build a marble track! Thank you Disney Channel!.
Have a great Easter!

No comments: