Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cards for OUR Troops

If you read the last post, you know that Alan is on deployment with the RAAF. The base he is at has about 180 Australian personnel. Reading the blogs of stampers in the US gave me an idea. My local craft has started making Mothers' Day cards to send over to the unit so everyone there can send a handmade card back home - if you know what I mean.

We already have over 40 cards but we need a lot more. In order to allow time for postage, there and back, I will be sending the cards on April 1st. If you would like to participate in this mission please leave a comment with your email address and I will contact you with all the details.

I'm really excited about this opportunity to give a little bit back to those who give us so much.

2 comments:

Fee said...

Hey Shaz...
Nice blog.
Sorry, don't do cards but I'm sure you'll have heaps.
Cya soon.
Fee

Jemma said...

Hi Sharon,

I found your blog via the ADF website - what a brilliant idea your cardmaking is! I make cards, though not as beautifully designed as yours, can you email me with more info?
Thanks!
Jemma
jemma9580@talk21.com