Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Faux Silk Pair

Yes, Nerine, Faux Silk has become my new favourite! Faux Linen is a very close second, though.

I sent off over 50 cards to Alan today so I decided that I had better make some more. It is not too late to get cards to me - we have another week or so before the last package will go - so if you have a good stash or have time over Easter, just let me know.


These two cards were made with 2 of my favourite sets - Merci from SU Sale-A-Bration and Bud Basics from the Summer Mini. I wanted to use soft colours tonight - I must be in a mellow mood.




The colours I've used here are Barely Banana, Green Galore and Bashful Blue, with Whisper White.


The colours in this card are Mellow Moss, Regal Rose, So Saffron and Brocade Blue, with Whisper White. I was really happy with the way the butterfly turned out - it's the first time I have used the Aquapainter to blend two colours of the markers.

On a more personal note, life without Alan is going OK, just OK. Last weekend was difficult - I had to rearrange some commitments because I knew that I wasn't going to be able to cope. However, a very good friend turned up on my doorstep early afternoon with dinner for Charis and I and time to have a coffee and a chat. As her husband arrives home tomorrow, she understood how I felt. I was very grateful!

As it is now after 11pm I must go to bed. Have to get Charis up at 6am so she can be ready for the school bus.

Bye.

1 comment:

Nerine .P. said...

Hi Sharon,

Love the first card...and I have to agree I also love Faux Silk - and I prefer it to faux linen.

I have a few cards here, but will try to do some more during the week now I'm feeling better.

Keep your chin up.

Nerine.