Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Marcia's Challenge

Marcia from The Stamp Spot set a colour challenge this week - Ballet Blue, Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss and Barely Banana. I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use straight away - Bloomin' with Beauty - but the layout took me longer to come up with.

I stamped the single flower image on watercolour paper and coloured using my Aquapainter and ink pads. I then mounted the image on a stip of Mellow Moss. The ribbon is Ballet Blue grosgrain. The sentiment is stamped on Groovy Guava matted with Barely Banana. Most of the layers have had their edges distressed.

When I put it all together it seemed unbalanced as everything was on the righthand side. I decided to add the little bee from the set to help balance everything.

Catch ya later!

No comments: