Friday, August 15, 2008

Altered Journal

Over the last 2 nights I made my first altered anything - an inspiration journal. I will use it to makes notes on colour combinations, layout ideas, techniques I want to try, anything that might inspire me.

I covered the journal with Rose Red DSP. The Colour Coach was my inspiration for the colour combination - Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana and Certainly Celery. It's such a beautiful combination!

The Cameo Coral triangle is a scrap from another project. I layered it underneath a large sqaure of Barely Banana with Certainly Celery textured cardstock layered on top. I stamped the large butterfly from Garden Whimsy randomly over the Certainly Celery square with Rose Red ink.

Both butterfiles were stamped twice on Whisper White cardstock using the Rock n Roll technique with Cameo Coral and Rose Red. I cut out the wings from one of each and glued Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the spots on the wings. The wings were then layered on the whole butterfiles but only adhered along the bodies - to give them some dimension.

The tulips flowers were inked the same way as the butterflies with the stems and leaves inked using the Certainly Celery marker. The tulip flowers were stamped separately also, cut out, glittered and glued to the whole tulips just at the base of the flower.

The letters were stamped in Rose Red ink on Certainly Celery DSP using the Jumbo Outline set. They were cut out, adhered and then covered with Crystal Effects to give them the look of shiny chipboard.

I'm really pleased with the journal. I think my last step will be to make some dividers with tabs to separate the pages into the different categories of inspiration.

I hope you like my first journal. Please leave a comment before you leave so I know who has visited. My counter is clicking over but I haven't had a comment for ages. I love to see who has come to visit.

4 comments:

Melissa Hanlon said...

Sharon, its lovely!

Nerine .P. said...

This is great Sharon. Glad to hear you had some fun with it.

Tammy B said...

I love the Garden Whimsy set Sharon. The journal looks fantastic - what a great way to stay organised!

Theresa Momber said...

Fabulous altered journal! I am intimidated by this set and haven't purchased it, but you really make it work. Good for you getting new stamps to play with. I have a SU order coming, but it won't be here til next week. So hard to wait.