Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Playing with New Rubber


Before I went to my training course last week I picked up my latest SU order. In it were 5 new stamp sets! I looooove new rubber.

Of course, I took them with me so I could play in the evenings. These first 2 cards are CASEd directly from the 2008-09 IBC (Aust). I really like the colour combination of Bordering Blue and Mellow Moss. The card on right is a small square card in the IBC but I adjusted it to make it a standard size. I also substituted Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon for the grosgrain in the original.
The stamp set is Artfully Asian.

The card on the left uses Close as a Memory. I have wanted this set for a while as I didn't have any sympathy sentiments. This card uses the same colour combination as the one on the left, with the addition of River Rock. Again, I substituted taffeta ribbon for the grosgrain. I also left off the brads and used faux stitching on the left hand side instead of the real thing (I didn't have my sewing machine with me anyway).


This card is an original. I have wanted Wild About You ever since I first used it at a workshop ran by my upline's upline, Karen.

I decided that I wanted to make a bright card so all these colours are from the Bold Brights family - Real Red for the base, Gable Green for the mats, the elephant is stamped in Lovely Lilac, the crocodile in Green Galore and the giraffe with Only Orange. The sentiment is from A Little Birthday Cheer and is stamped in Real Red.

As I was playing with the arrangement of the images on the card base I realised it needed something else. I decided to used my brand new Real Red striped grosgrain ribbon. Let me know what you think - I'm not entirely sure about this one.

Please leave a comment so I can know who visits me.

No comments: