Monday, June 9, 2008

Another Long Weekend!

I think I have mentioned before that I love long weekends as they give me a chance to stamp! I took advantage of the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend to stamp late into the night and came up with the following 4 offerrings.

These first 2 use the Level 1 Hostess Set "A Little Bit of Happiness". This is a very versatile set with 4 of these long stamps that just beg to be coloured. I used essentially the same layout for these cards (just flipped it horizontally) but quite different colours. The top one uses Earth Elements, and the bottom one, Bold Brights. I watercoloured the images using the Aqau Painter and then chose cardstock colours to match.


These next 2 cards are CASEd directly from the SU Idea Book and Catalogue. I refer to the IBC constantly for ideas on layouts and colour combinations. I would never have chosen these colour combinations by myself but they work. They both use Old Olive, Sky Blue and Purely Pomegranate with the set "Garden Whimsy" (which I adore!). I changed the second only a little by making my own patterned paper using Soft Sky, the "Happy Birthday" stamp from "A Little Birthday Cheer" and Old Olive ink. Even though I didn't use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig (as if you couldn't tell!) I still like it.

I'm hoping that my daughter will cooperate and go to sleep early tonight so I can stamp some more.

Bye 'til next time.

2 comments:

Kylie Ammerlaan said...

Great cards Sharon, they are very pretty.

Theresa Momber said...

Hi, Sharon. Love the cards. It is so nice to see this hostess set in action. I don't have it myself, but I have some stamped images from my sister, that I haven't been inspired to use. I may have to pull them out.