Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two Cards, Three Challenges

I made this card last weekend for the Friday Sketchers #34 sketch challenge. I know, it is a little late. Oh well.


The base cardstock is Soft Sky textured. I used Afternoon Tea DSP (my favourite) mounted on Chocolate Chip for the horizontal panels. The image is stamped on Whisper White textured cardstock and mounted on Chocolate Chip.


I got over excited with setting the eyelets using my Crop-a-dile (what would I do without it?) and set eight when the sketch only called for 4. Oh well. The horizontal panels are connected with Copper thread (retired).

The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White textured cardstock and punched with the large oval punch. I then mounted it on Groovy Guava textured cardstock and handcut around it.

The flowers are punched from Groovy Guava textured cardstock using the Three for You punch. The centres are brads from the Soft Subtles set.


I really like this card. But then, I love anything made with the Afternoon Tea DSP.


The card is for 2 challenges - my SBS group challenge to use an unusual colour combination and a Sale-A-Bration challenge for a swap I am part of.

The colour combination is Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie! Very unusual.

I used the Polka Dot Punches set - one of the free sets you can choose from when you spend $100 or more with me in January or Febraury. I also used Congrats which can only be obtained the same way.

The base cardstock is Bashful Blue. I stamped the heart from Polka Dot Punches in Pumpkin Pie classic ink on Whisper White. For the sponged heart, I used the waste rubber left when I was mounting the stamp set as a stencil and sponged with Wild Wasabi classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment is stamped in Pumpkin Pie and Bashbul Blue on Whisper White.

The DSP is, what else, from the Afternoon Tea pack. Everything was adhered with SNAIL except the Pumpkin Pie heart for which I used Stampin' Dimensionals.

I really like this card too. It will probably go to friends whose wedding is on February 14 - yes, Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Isn't that a cool saying with the congratulations stamp set - love the cards & Afternoon Tea DSP - divine

Janet said...

lovely cards! thanks for playing!! There is an award on my blog for ya too!
hugs

Leslie said...

What fun cards. Have you checked out my blog candy yet? I hope you have a great weekend, Leslie

n8tvtexan said...

I really like these cards! The colors are so soft and peaceful.

Ive given you an award on my blog.

Debby said...

I like these cards too! Is afternoon tea an SU dsp?

Susie said...

OMG my sisters are on a roll this week with great cards!!!!!

I am enjoying stopping by and looking at everyones stuff

Anne said...

This is a lovely card Sharon, I like the copper thread and the eyelets you used