Sunday, November 16, 2008

Eastern Autumn

This card is my first sneak peak for you all at the Summer
Mini Catalogue (available 1st December). It uses the set Eastern Blooms and, wait for it, the Hidden Garden Rub-ons. Yes, I have finally begun using Rub-ons. I've decided that they are pretty cool.

The background card is Chocolate Chip stamped with the larger flower from Eastern Blooms in Versamark. The large image is a Rub-on in Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel. I layered that on More Mustard textured cardstock. The single flower was stamped in Versamark onto Very Vanilla cardstock and then I used the Poppin' Pastels technique to colour it using our Stampin' Pastels in More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun. This was then layered on a scallop circle cut from the More Mustard textured cardstock and a larger circle in Pumpkin Pie. The sentiment is from the same Rub-on set, once again in Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel. I used the Corner Rounder to soften it a little.

My aim with this card was to make it masculine whilst still using flowers. I hope I have succeeded.

Stay tuned for another sneak peak at the new Summer Mini products tomorrow.

7 comments:

Nerine .P. said...

This is lovely Sharon. I think you've suceeded.

Debby said...

Sharon this is gorgeous! I love it!

Viv said...

Great card Sharon.... colours are stunning!

Janet said...

love this card! great job!!

Anne said...

Lovely colours Sharon, masculine maybe but I think it works for non-flowery women too, great card

Hugs
Anne

Judy said...

Sharon it's gorgeous and I can see this is one set I will definitely have to buy. Just waiting for our Summer Mini catalogue and you are so whetting my apetite! xx Judy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs Vanja