Friday, April 18, 2008

More Reflections



How hard it was to take a photo of this card! I tried at least 10 times and finally gave up trying to get one that showed the true colours and had no flare from the flash.

This was my attempt at the Reflection technique using acetate on a glossy brayered background. The reflection is very faint on this one!

The colours are from a colour challenge in SCS - Only Orange and Ballet Blue. I stamped the group of trees from Lovely as a Tree on a background that was glossy white brayered with the Celebration Spectrum ink. I embossed the image in gold then applied the reflection using a piece of acetate. The sentiment is from Warm Words and is stamped on Only Orange and layered on a scrap of the brayered background. I added the Orange ribbon for just a bit more orange.

I am disappointed that the reflection is so faint but otherwise I quite like this card.

By the way, I shall be sending another parcel to Alan this week so if you have any cards you would like to send (see previous post) please contact me ASAP.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, great job!. Now I know where to come when I want ideas for using this stamp set. Your Lovely as a Tree cards are amazing!

Paula said...

Another great card! Yeah, sometimes it can be hard to photograph them without a flare in
it. But it's still great :D