Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More CASEs

I'm nearly there! This card is a CASE of one I saw on my SBS sister Vanja's blog. Her card is here. I used one of my daughter's favourite stamps for this one. - the Princess from Pretty Princess. She was stamped in Basci Black on Blush Blossom cardstock (my friend Tammy insists that Blush Blossom is a neutral - she loves to stamp and colour on it - so I thought it was time I gave it a try too). The image was then sponged with Regal Rose. The rest is self explanatory - colours are Pale Plum cardbase, Old Olive, DSP from Loves Me (ret) and Rose Red. The ribbon is silver organdy (also retired :(). I think this has made a really girly card - perfect for any little princess on her birthday.

This was a much more challenging CASE. It is from an index card made by Pia. I decided to turn it into a card. I also flipped the layout horizontally as it seemed right to have the owl on the right-hand side.
With this card I wanted to use the new set from the Summer Mini - Love Owl-ways. It is so cute and great for colouring. I stamped this cute owl on Blush Blossom cardstock and coloured him using my Aquapainter and Watercolour Wonder crayons. I cut the circle using my CM Custom Cutting System circle templates. The scallop circle was a bit trickier. It is larger than the scallop circle punch the SU sells so I had to come up with another idea. I ended up cutting a larger circle using the CM system and then used the 3/16" corner rounder from SU with the guard removed. What you see on the card is the second attempt - the first one was too big and the scallops didn't meet up properly. The cardstock colours are Not Quite Navy for the base, then Bashful Blue and Close to Cocoa DSP. The tab is from Always Artichoke, the same colour as the grosgrain ribbon. I think this would be a great Valentine's Day card for the man in any woman's life - what do you think?
By my count I have one more SBS sister to CASE - but I can't remember which one it is! I guess I'll have to go back through all my recent posts and work it out. A good job for today.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow Sharon! You have been busy! Love your CASE of Viv's card in particular.
We need to catch up at some stage - it's been ages!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Sharon, you've been doing a great job with the challenge. I love the princess stamp. Both cards are gorgeous.
Hugs Vanja

Kristen said...

sharon,
great cards. Both are so cute!

Anne said...

Wow! Two more lovely cards. It's not me you're missing, I've been CASED!!:)