Saturday, December 20, 2008

CASE 4

My mum and dad arrived yesterday for a 2 week stay! I so miss my parents having moved a very long distance from them 3 years ago. We have caught up a few times but I always look forward to the next trip. And not just because my house is always cleaner and tidier when they leave!

The card is a CASE of Cheri. I did change the colours around a little but what inspired me the most were the snowflakes. I remembered that I have some chipboard snowflakes that I hadn't used yet. Let me tell you, covering this one large snowflake with DSP nearly drove me crazy. Firstly, I drew around it onto the back of the DSP (retired from SU). Then I cut it out - insanity inducing in itself. I applied Tombow Multi-adhesvie our the chipboard and then adhered the DSP - guess what? This snowflake is not symmetrical! Or else my cutting was very bad. I had to trim nearly every straight line in this snowflake - sometimes the DSP and other times the chipboard. It took me ages.

Despite the trials and tribulations, I really like this card - the colour combination especially. The sentiment (which is in the top righthand corner in case you can't see it) is a rub-on - something I don't use very often and whenever I do I wonder why not.

Hope you like this card as much as I do.

4 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

That's a fantastic card - well worth the extra effort.

Janet said...

amazing card!!

Deby said...

Another beauty!

Anne said...

Wow that was a lot of work - but worth it - great card