Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One of a Kind!

I can't believe it is nearly a week since I last posted! It has been a very busy week at work and I've been quite tired in the evenings so I haven't stamped until tonight.

I made 2 cards tonight with the set One of a Kind (from the Spring Mini Catalogue available from Friday) - they are very different to each other and really show how versatile this is set is.


The first card was CASEd from the August edition of Impressions (the Australia/NZ SU demo monthly newsletter. The base is Old Olive textured cardstock. Although it doesn't show up very well in the photo (I'm not a good photographer) the blue strip at the bottom is from the new DSP Summer Picnic (also in the Spring Mini). The ribbon is Old Olive wide grosgrain. The strip with the dot flowers is Pumpkin Pie. The flowers were coloured with SU markers - Bashful Blue, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie, and punched using the Boho Blossoms punch (Spring Mini again). They are mounted on dimensionals. I think this card has very fresh, spring look to it.

The second card is my own design using CC164 on Splitcoast Stampers - Basi Black, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky. I stamped the large flower from One of a Kind in Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder. I then used my sponge daubers to apply Purely Pomegranate over the flower and Soft Sky around it. The image was mounted on Basic Black cardstock and then onto a card made from Soft Sky textured cardstock. The ribbon is Purely Pomegranate wide satin (Spring Mini). The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and Basic Black ink and clear embossed. I punched it using the new Designer Label punch and mounted it behind the label tag from the new Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (Spring Mini). The brads come from the same Hodgepodge set. I really like this colour combination and the card has turned out better than I expected.

If you would like to see more of the new products from the Spring Mini catalogue you can visit the SU website (see links on the side) or contact me for a copy. If you would like to see them "in the flesh" you can come to my Spring Mini Catalogue class on:

Sunday 24th August at 1.30pm

If you would like to register for this class to make the 2 cards using the Spring Mini sets, just leave a comment on this post or email me.

I look forward to seeing you then.

No comments: