Thursday, May 22, 2008

Waxed Paper Resist

I can't believe it has been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted! Please accept my apologies if you have been visiting hoping to see something new.

I have been trying the Waxed Paper Resist technique the last couple of nights. Here is what I came up with:
The colours here are Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Rose Red and Certainly Celery. I used the Jumbo outline alphabet and stamped the letter in Black Staz-on on the Waxed Paper resist scraps from the next card and cut them out. I then stamped the same letters in Basic Black on the Rose Red textured cardstock and stuck the patterned letters over them, giving a shadow effect. The flower is from Hearflet Thanks. I put the Certainly Celery tab on becuase it needed something in that corner.

The colours in this card are Regal Rose, Rose Red, Old Olive and Pale Plum. I used the Bold Butterfly stamp set with a sentiment from Warm Words. I drew in the butterflies antennas with the SU Journalling Pen in black.

Please leave a comment so I know who is visiting me.




3 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Great layout. I always forget about the rock and roll technique. It is such a quick way to add dimension to a card. TFS!

Natasha said...

Looks great! Weren't we talking about rock 'n roll last night?! Can I put in a request for the wax technique at our next demo night
;-) !!!

Leigh said...

Lovely cards Sharon. Waxed paper tech looks really effective doesn't it?
Thanks for visiting my blog too.